The SMOSH West Lakes Juniors, in association with the Senior Teams are planning on a return to training in compliance with the National, State and Community Football conditions. For specific details please read on.
The following conditions are derived from the SANFL Juniors Return to Play Roadmap Stage 2. For specific details please select the button below to go directly to the SANFL Juniors website resources. It is important that you also ensure you have made contact with your coaches for specific times / days that your team is training.
Please endeavour to assist us in complying with these arrangements as we continue to manage the COVID19 response and balance a return to training and playing in the near future. Thanks in advance.
- training will commence from the week beginning Monday 18 May
- individual coaches will be in contact for days and times for each team
- there will only be one team on the oval at any given time.
- hand washing prior to training and after is essential
- sanitising equipment will be done
- footballs will be wiped down
- there will be no use of change-rooms, so attend prepared
- players need to bring their own water bottle and only use their own
Expectations of Players / Parents
- players need to adhere to social distancing rules (keep apart from each other)
- avoid touching their eyes / nose / mouth
- listen to coaches instructions
- don’t come to training if feeling unwell
- parents need to stay off the oval at all times
- observe social distancing amongst each other
- preferably only one parent / guardian per child attendance
- where possible remain in their vehicle until child leaves the oval
What if you are unwell
- don’t attend training
- communicate to the coach that the player is not attending because they are unwell
What Coaches are doing
- dividing players into groups of 10 or less
- ensuring social distancing
- managing non-contact drills
- sanitising equipment
- taking attendance records
These current restrictions, Stage 2 Level B, especially numbers of players training together, will be reviewed on June 8th by the league. Select link below for detailed descriptions.